The meaning of life: to bring glory to God.
There are two main goals for a SUFM team:
- Evangelism – bringing the word of God to people in the mission location, through childrens programs or directly to adults/teens.
- Building up the team members and encouraging them in their walk with God
I think Hallidays Point SUFM 2005/6 could regard itself as a success by these standards. A great amount of growth was experienced by those on the team, and the Word was preached loudly and clearly to all who would listen (and even some who tried not to).
Some prayer points, if you are so inclined:
- Praise God, who created everything, including us.
- Say sorry for your failure to live life his way.
- Thank Him for his great gift of Jesus, who took our sins so we can know God.
- Thank God for the excellent preparatory work by David, Tim and the rest of the leadership team that allowed mission to be such a success.
- Thank God for Graydon and his talks from 2 Timothy that so encouraged and enlightened the team.
- Thank God for the children that realise that Jesus is the King, ruler over everything.
- Praise God for the young teenager/s who’ve given their life over to Christ.
- Please pray for the people at the caravan park whose lives have been touched by God this summer, that they may repent and come to know Him, and that his Holy Spirit may rest upon them as they learn to live their lives as God intended.
Therefore be imitators of God, as beloved children. And walk in love, as Christ loved us and gave himself up for us, a fragrant offering and sacrifice to God. Ephesians 5:1-2