The folk who produced that album and sheet music have released a similar album this year entitled PraiseHymns: Timeless Hymns for Contemporary Worship. If you go to the website you can download a low quality MP3 of all the songs for free. They can do this as they own the arrangement and recording and I imagine most of these songs are public domain, now. Plus their business model is based around selling the sheet music and to a lesser extent the CD’s and backing tracks, so any publicity is good publicity.
The songlist on this album:
- Joyful Joyful We Adore Thee gospel hip hop
- To God Be The Glory driving acoustic feel
- Blessed Assurance medium acoustic drive
- When I Survey The Wondrous Cross ambient
- Christ The Lord Is Risen Today gospel hip hop
- It Is Well With My Soul driving rock
- Amazing Grace relaxed acoustic drive
- Holy Holy Holy pop ballad
- Be Thou My Vision gentle folk sound
- Crown Him With Many Crowns driving acoustic feel
- O Worship The King easy half-time feel
Have a listen and see if some of these old songs come alive for you once more. I’m sure they will appear to be a travesty to many others. For mine they got a bit similar to the PraiseCarols for comfort, but to people coming to these songs for the first time they might be brilliant. They are certainly quality performances and musicians and worth adding to your music rotation.